Safeguarding the health and well-being of the women in our community
Attending to the Unique Needs of Women
Sunset Health offers a wide range of primary and gynecologic services to help women maintain their good health. We treat women of all ages, from adolescents and young adults, to older adults and the elderly. One of the best ways for women to develop a foundation for optimal health is to schedule regular visits with their health care provider.
Our providers take a highly preventative approach to promote wellness, screen for potential problems, manage ongoing conditions, and prevent future illnesses from developing.
We also provide comprehensive gynecologic services for patients of all ages, including in-patient and out-patient procedures. These include:
- Well woman care
- Primary care
- Physical exams
- Family planning
- Infertility testing and referrals
- Pregnancy testing
- Birth control services including:
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) insertion and removal
- Depo-Provera shot
- Oral contraceptives
- Abnormal pap test referrals
- Urinary incontinence treatment and support
- Abnormal bleeding treatment
- Menopause management
- Pelvic infections
- Vaginal problems
- Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD) treatment
- Hormone replacement
- Adolescent health
- Family planning
Prenatal care available for patients qualifying for Emergency AHCCCS only.
The cost of prenatal care is U$400.00. This amount must be paid in full by your 7th month of pregnancy. Below is a list of services the prenatal package covers and excludes.
The services included in the U$400.00 Prenatal Package are:
- Confirmation of pregnancy at Sunset Health
- Prenatal visits with referral to Dr. Lokareddy
- Prenatal Vitamins at Sunset Health Pharmacy
- The initial urine test (first visit) and weekly after the 20-week pregnant cycle
- Post-Partum visits after the 4th week with Dr. Lokareddy
- The following routine lab work: prenatal profile, urine culture, 1-Hour GTT, GC/Chlamydia, CBC, HIV testing, 3-Hour GTT, and vaginal culture
- All Pregnancy related lab work associated with Diabetes and Thyroid history
- Newborn’s first visit with a Pediatrician at Sunset Health
Services NOT included in the U$ 400.00 Prenatal Package are:
- Dental screenings
- Genetic visits
- Hospital accommodations for the mother
- Hospital accommodations for the baby
- Hospital stay for other reasons not related to the pregnancy
- Routine laboratory blood work (paid at a laboratory facility)
- Other laboratory blood work (blood dips, and/or biopsies) (paid at a laboratory facility)
- Screening of the fetus (this procedure is done to determine if the placenta is working properly)
- Other medical visits outside the clinic
Note: This prenatal package is only valid with patients who are covered by emergency AHCCCS.
Ask your doctor
If you’re an expectant mother, don’t take over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without consulting your doctor first.