News and Events
Find events, news, and resources to keep you and your family healthy
Drive-Thru Flu Vaccine Campaign
ARE YOU READY For the FLU SEASON? It’s that time again! Flu shots are in!
Flu vaccination is an important preventative tool for people with chronic health conditions. People at higher risk for flu-related complications include children, adults over the age of 65, pregnant women and people who have existing medical conditions. Get vaccinated for FREE during Sunset’s Drive-Thru Flu Campaign 2021!
Tell your friends and family to look for Sunset’s Mobile Unit at each of our event locations and #getvaccinated.
How to get tested for current COVID-19 infection
Sunset Health is currently offering drive-thru COVID-19 rapid testing in San Luis, Somerton, Yuma, North Yuma, and Wellton. Call 928.819.8999 to pre-register.
Who should get tested for current infection
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Most people who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-19 symptoms do not need to be tested following an exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not need to get tested following an exposure as long as they do not develop new symptoms.
- People who have taken part in activities that put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot physically distance as needed to avoid exposure, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded or poorly-ventilated indoor settings.
- People who have been asked or referred to get tested by their healthcare provider, or state, tribal, localexternal icon, or territorial health department.
CDC recommends that anyone with any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. If you get tested because you have symptoms or were potentially exposed to the virus, you should stay away from others pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
COVID-19 Vaccine AVAILABLE @ Sunset Health
Sunset Health continues to offer COVID-19 vaccines in San Luis, Somerton, Yuma, and Wellton. For any questions you may call 928.819.8999 | Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
COVID-19 vaccines are available in the following locations:
San Luis Vaccination Schedule:
Location: Sunset Health Clinic ( 815 E. Cesar Chavez Blvd.)
Days: Monday thru Friday
Time: 8:00am – 10:00am
Somerton Vaccination Schedule: (Walk-ins welcome, No need to be a Sunset patient, No pre-registration)
Location: Somerton Community Center (805 W. Main St.)
Time: 8:00am – 10:30am
Yuma Vaccination Schedule: (Walk-ins welcome, No need to be a Sunset patient, No pre-registration)
Location: Martin Luther King Center (300 S. 13th Avenue)
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 8:30am – 10:30am
Wellton Vaccination Schedule: (Walk-ins welcome, No need to be a Sunset patient, No pre-registration)
Location: Sunset Health Clinic (10425 William St.)
Days: Every other Tuesday
Time: 8:00am – 9:00am
Your best protection from #COVID19 will be a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often. No one tool alone is going to stop the pandemic. Learn about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html