News and Events
Find events, news, and resources to keep you and your family healthy
AFTER HOURS COVID-19 VACCINES & BOOSTERS
Starting February 1st to May 31st, Sunset Health located on 2060 W. 24th Street (ONLY) will be offering COVID Vaccines every Wednesday and Friday from 5:00pm – 7:00pm. Adults and Children 6 months and older will be able to receive free vaccines.
What you need to know:
- Walk-Ins welcome
- NO need to be a Sunset patient
- Bring your vaccination card
For any questions, please contact Sunset Health at 928.373.5724. #VaxUpYuma
View Vaccination Locations and Schedules
San Luis Vaccination Schedule:
Location: Sunset Health Clinic ( 815 E. Cesar Chavez Blvd.)
Days: Monday thru Friday
Time: All day
Yuma Vaccination Schedule: (Walk-ins welcome, No need to be a Sunset patient, No pre-registration)
Location: Sunset Health hosting COVID vaccination at Martin Luther King Center (300 S. 13th Avenue)
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 8:20am – 9:30am
Wellton Vaccination Schedule: (Walk-ins welcome, No need to be a Sunset patient, No pre-registration)
Location: Sunset Health Clinic (10425 William St.)
Days: Every other Tuesday
Time: 8:00am – 11:20am
Sunset Health to host COVID-19 Vaccines & Booster Event #VaxUpYuma
Are you or your love ones not up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines? The CDC recommends COVID-19 primary series vaccination and an updated booster targeting the latest COVID-19 variants for everyone ages 6 months and older.
Sunset Health will be hosting a COVID-19 vaccine and booster event on Saturday, March 25th. Join us from 10:30am-2:30pm @ Wellton Library. There is no charge to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Your best protection from #COVID19 will be a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing your hands often. No one tool alone is going to stop the pandemic. Learn about the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/about-vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html
How to get tested for current COVID-19 infection
Sunset Health is currently offering drive-thru COVID-19 rapid testing in San Luis, Somerton, Yuma, North Yuma, and Wellton. Call 928.819.8999 to pre-register.
Who should get tested for current infection
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Most people who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-19 symptoms do not need to be tested following an exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not need to get tested following an exposure as long as they do not develop new symptoms.
- People who have taken part in activities that put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot physically distance as needed to avoid exposure, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded or poorly-ventilated indoor settings.
- People who have been asked or referred to get tested by their healthcare provider, or state, tribal, localexternal icon, or territorial health department.
CDC recommends that anyone with any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. If you get tested because you have symptoms or were potentially exposed to the virus, you should stay away from others pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.